Dr Chris Hanna
Chris began working at UniSports Medicine in 1997, and joined as a partner in 2001. He has been involved with a number of elite sporting teams across a variety of codes. He has a strong research interest and along with Dr Mark Fulcher has recently completed a Masters Degree (with First Class Honours) looking into groin pain in Football Players.
Chris has a passion for woodworking and has recently developed a bit of an obsession with bicycles. He still plays senior Ice Hockey for the Flatliners.
Team Involvement and Achievements:
- Medical Director New Zealand Shooting Federation
- Medical Director Cycling NZ, 1999-2000
- Medical Director NZ Bowls, 2001-2004
- Medical Director Badminton NZ (the Black Cocks), 2006-2008
- Medical Director NZ Commonwealth Games, Melbourne 2006
- Medical Director New Zealand Warriors Rugby League Team, 2001-2005
- Medical Director New Zealand Rugby League Team (Kiwis) 2000-2004
- Medical Doctor for the NZ Olympic team, Athens 2004
- State Training Coordinator for the Australasian College of Sports Physicians
- Senior Lecturer, University of Auckland, Sports Medicine Diploma 1998-2010
- Honorary Lecturer, The Goodfellow Unit, The University of Auckland, 2010 to current
- Research interests include tears of the pectoralis major muscle and Groin Pain in Footballers